Saturday, September 7, 2013

The Toothless Smile

Its coffee time! I walk into my favorite cafe and grab a seat by the window. Sipping my coffee and watching an old man tie his shoelace I get bored, all his attempts to tie that lace seems to be ending up in vain, come on is it that hard?! I get back to my coffee which is almost half done, should I order one more, well maybe. Thats when I hear a soft giggle behind me. Its a family, a dad , mum and the owner of that giggle , a small pretty little kid. As I watch her, she is digging into her waffles, pouring syrup bits all around her and basically making her own cute mess on the table.She licks the syrup off her spoon, her tiny fingers, and wipes it on to her frock. Then she looks up, notices me, twitches a bit and smiles.. "wallaaahh", all four of her front tooth are missing, what more do you want to make your day go better. I wave a "hie" at her, and she smiles again, the cute "toothless smile".

Her spoon falls down on to the floor, she looks down and then looks up at me, so I hold my fork up and show it to her. She slowly gets down from her chair and walks over to me, her tiny feet and those little tiny steps, all the more cute. She takes the fork and gives a run for it, hahahaa. Now she is back and ready to give the mess she made, a grand end. Level 1, complete, bits of waffles syrup here and there, on her frock, her fingers, all over the table, but her plate is all clean and licked up and she is happy looking at it,the "toothless smile" again. Her mum takes the napkin wipes the syrup bits of her face, she is satisfied and fully content with her work.

My coffee being done, the second one, I slowly get up, grab my bag and as I walk over to the door, I here little steps behind me, I turn around and there she is, I kneel down and she offers to me her little jelly toffee. I take it from her and give her a small kissy on her rosy cheeks, hehehe she is happy and so am I and to add on it there she gives me, her "toothless smile" and runs back to her parents. I get up and as I head over to the door I feel at peace somehow.

 Its funny how your quiet boring evening turns out to be a good one towards the end... All thanks to the "toothless smile"..!!

1 comment:

  1. Ah :) This is gave me a smile too! :D

    Back to writing eh! (Y)

    ReplyDelete